Monday 17 October 2016

Late 28th year thoughts

Tic, tac; tic, tac.

Just a few more hours before the last day of my 28th year. I want to make it count. I want tomorrow to be a good start. I like fresh beginnings. There's something fascinating about getting started, stripped of the burdens of the past.

For the past couple of days, I've been thinking of listing the things that I am thankful of. I have to grateful. I want to develop that character.

And speaking of character development, I also want to develop something in particular and that is strength. I want to be strong in a lot of ways - physically, emotionally, mentally, spiritually. Basically in every area of my life.

I need to be strong because I've been reckoning in embarking into something. That also explains why Natasha Romanov is featured here. There's something about that character that reminded me of some things.

It'll be like a Jane Doe experience. Pardon the use of Ms. Anonymous slash Alice/Remi's "name" but it has nothing to do with Blindspot's plot. It's more of, if you (or I) were Jane Doe, how would you like to be known? Who would you like to be?

We all have that option, to bring in something new to our lives each day. I would like to do that. Today ends a year, a set of jubilee years. Tomorrow will be more than just a new day. Tomorrow will be the start of a new year, of another decade and another jubilee.

Btw, of course I have to sneak in Jane's photo. This one's pretty good because it's like she's moving forward without forgetting the past, just leaving it behind where it perfectly belongs.

Now Playing: Dana Williams & Leighton Meester - Dreams

No comments:

Post a Comment