Thursday 5 March 2020

Letting Go

February 16th.
It was the wedding day of Joseph and Aimee. Attending the ceremony, watching them exchange vows, and realizing that the youngest in our family is really having a family of her own, throughout those thoughts lingered another. It was so strong I couldn't imagine a different pair for a different picture. I knew if asked, I would affirm to it. I could hear Celine Dion's "If You Asked Me To" because that was the song that fit the most.

February 18th.
I thought I would be holding on to the sentiments of two days prior, but something was brewing. Something was catching my attention. Then I saw and read the message. I hesitated to believe, giving it a second thought. Nothing came after, and thereafter. Even until now.

So I let go before the previous month came to an end. I was ready to accept it for I am not one who forces others unto me. I will always be someone willing to let go. And I thought it was a good thing. I was and am free to go beyond. I have become open to possibilities.

I dare say it had been 2 years and 4 months of layover, a very long transit before embarking to a new flight of life. No regrets, only thanks. Everything happens for a reason.


Now Playing: Arashi - I'll Be There

No comments:

Post a Comment