Sunday 20 November 2016

Relentless

I woke up from a seven straight hour sleep last Friday, which was cool. I wish my sleep will always be like that.

I also woke up last Friday feeling calm about a preoccupation, which prompted me to meet with my INTJ friend Monika. About the calm, it's a feeling (apparently I have them too) where my recent preoccupation hasn't affected me much. Perhaps it's because I somehow poured out my thoughts about it. Cheers, Nika!


The calm got me thinking it'd continue. But like the calm in a storm, it was only temporary. The preoccupation has returned with such persistence that I could dare say it has become an hourly thing. Good luck to me.

Good luck indeed because this preoccupation is simply relentless. It's like a heartbeat. It never stops. Sometimes I don't notice it only to realize later that I've unconsciously thought about it. Sometimes I would stop it, sometimes I end up making a 'follow through.'

I'm curious how to stop my preoccupation like, is it possible to have a day or even an hour when I don't think of it?

Now Playing: Susie Suh - I Do

No comments:

Post a Comment