Saturday 14 May 2016

Marathon's Eve

I'm gonna have to change my blog templates or designs. But that will have to wait. Right now, or for hours now, I've been pretty nervous for tomorrow. I've been selected to join an office-sponsored 5-km fun run. Actually, I volunteered to join. I love to run.

My first fun marathon was back in high school, thanks to Milo marathon things. The last would probably be back in late college or after college. I can' remember anymore. And it's been 8 years since I graduated. 

Tomorrow's run is 5 kilometres which for other people would be pretty easy but for me, I don't know. I hope my gas would last. I'm gonna need a lot.

I've just returned jogging the streets of our hill-y or slopeful (I don't know if these words are legit) village in Antipolo. I love running out in the open with the sky up above and the trees around plus I get a free access to various birds' concert. It's lovely.

Occasionally I would jog at the Legazpi Active Park. The last time I did was just yesterday morning. But running in a marathon is something else. I no longer know how it feels like, except that I'm quite prone to getting drowsy after a long run. It's probably oxygen imbalance, or whatever.

I'm nervous but I'm pretty confident that my Saucony runners will keep up with me. I think I'm gonna name the pair.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow. Find your strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment