Sunday 15 May 2016

The 5-kilometre thoughts

Despite my 2 1/2 hours of sleep, because I was quite nervous yesterday, I'm glad to have woken up and made it to the fun run. I mean I was able to complete it.

My 5-km running time? 38 minutes, 40 seconds.

It would've been lesser had my rectus abdominis and abdominal oblique muscles, both right, not forgotten that there's a scheduled fun run this morning. I had to walk then and longer than necessary because I had to take my lateral and posterior muscles into consideration as they were also hurting these past days. I didn't want to be a casualty.

So while running, jogging, and walking... the following thoughts filled my head. Except for number one, the rest were in no particular.

1. My crush. He's got to be in this spot because it's his habit to run in my head every now and then. He's probably covered at least a kilometre of my run/walk this morning. Perhaps it's the reason, besides his other physical activities, that he'sfit.
2. Faith in humanity. I think having watched Supergirl had be changed as well. The tv series is a bunch of sunshine so it rubbed on me. I remember some staff of the organizers along the running path cheering for the runners. As they did, there would be a smile on my face and I would remember that there's still good in humanity, that it's not a bad thing to believe in people.
3. Countdown. This has been playing in my head for months now so it slipped in my thoughts during the fun run. I don't know when it shall end but I'm pretty sure it shall come down to that. Though I wish it to end soon, like very soon, there are factors that need to be considered. For one, the answer to why. So far, I only have a reason or two. It's time to go; and there's no more reason to hang around.
4. Sleep. I've been craving for sleep lately.
5. Blindspot. I want to continue watching this series. As of the time of the fun run, I've only watched 3 episodes. Got to admit that I missed Weller's voice. What's with the Aussie people's baritone voice? I'm not sure though if Sullivan's Australian.
6. Supergirl! I miss this series. I just miss it.
7. The sun. I love the sun's warmth upon my skin in the morning, especially when I'm jogging or running. It was great to have that experience during the 5-km fun run.


No comments:

Post a Comment