Sunday 10 April 2016

Change of heart and mind

As soon as I found out that Ben Affleck was taking over the role of Bruce Wayne/Batman in Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice, I knew I'd have to set a date with him before my date with Steve. Technically, it could only go with that sequence. 

Unfortunately, the date has been pushed and pushed until last night. I was even having second thoughts as I was suffering from tension headache, for hours already, which was close to evolving into migraine. So yeah, I went to the movie house with a very sensitive head. I couldn't just move my head, definitely not abruptly. But I thought I might not have another chance except for next Saturday so I decided to bear with the headache. So I headed to the movie house to watch the film at 9PM.

My primary reason for watching the film was the 3 B's: Batman. Bruce Wayne. Ben Affleck. In no particular order. However, I had a change of heart toward Clark Kent (Cavill). Superman, uhmm... Well, it's more on my view toward Clark. As for Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot), man she ushered in a paradigm shift. I love how she sees women. I love how she sees Wonder Woman and how she portrayed this iconic figure.

I'm glad I decided to watch Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice at Robinsons Place Antipolo. First, the tix was cheap, just P200.00 yet a worthwhile experience. It also reminded me of my first encounter with Henry Cavill. It gave me a sense of nostalgia and comfort.

I thought that a date with Bruce would at least serve as a diversion. And it sure did. 

I was pretty engrossed with the film, especially since Wonder Woman disembarked from her flight to you know, help the boys. When she came to the scene in her warrior outfit, I suddenly realized that the real heroes, whether with super power or not, are women. Think Martha. Think Diana.


Wait. Didn't Gal Gadot say...



No comments:

Post a Comment