Wednesday 30 March 2016

Preparations for PHI vs DPR game day

The previous week was hectic for me albeit being observed as Holy Week. I had 

a lot of assignments, which kind of shook me. To make the story short, all my travel advisory assignments were completed yesterday. I had to.

I was able to submit one travel advisory on Monday and another yesterday. It cost me staying on Sunday until almost midnight and past midnight of Monday. Actually, the latter was already at 1AM of Tuesday.

Game day. The match against North Korea marked a number of things. For one, it's my first national game after a long time. I can't actually remember the last game I watched. Also, it was the last game of Juani Guirado for the national team because he's already retiring, but not on league level. He's still playing for Ceres. What else? Ah! In addition to my "come back" for watching live national games, it's my come back as a Kaholero. This one quite needs a follow up.

I'm just glad that I got to secure Tuesday so I could watch the Philippines vs North Korea World Cup Qualifiers. I'm on mid-shift every Tuesday. That means a 2-10PM work. Having gone "BDO" was so worth it. SO WORTH IT! I was able to witness a very historical match. 3-2 against North Korea! Against a top East Asian country and one that qualified for the 2010 World Cup!

I'd like to write about what happened since I left the office to prepare for the match, but that would be for a separate blog entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment