Tuesday 12 April 2016

When Wonder Woman drives you to motion

After seeing Diana Prince in her Wonder Woman warrior outfit as I watched Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice last Saturday night (LMF) at Robinsons Place Antipolo, I felt so compelled to jog again although I just got to resume trail-jogging that morning.

I knew I had to take things slow because I’ve just resumed jogging after months of no activity, but Super Woman (Gal Gadot) was just so inspiring. It’s not for the purpose of achieving a sexy body but rather for fitness. Gadot may look thin but she claims to have gained 17 lbs of pure muscle as she prepared for her iconic role. I’m not surprised with her thin but fit body. I’ve been there in the sense that although I looked thin I was pretty heavy because I’ve gained muscles. Thanks to Rugby 101 days.

Sunday night was supposed to be scheduled for jogging at the Legaspi Active Park but I ditched it because of the Vice-Presidential debates. Came Monday and I still felt the itch to jog so I decided to do that after work. I headed to Legaspi Park after some preparations. I was already approaching the park when I got a message from my godfather telling me that we have a dinner at 7:30 in Via Mare – Power Plant at Rockwell. Nice. I still had enough time because I just usually spend 30 minutes max on my exercise. It was still 6PM.

Came dinner time, and even before while still in the cab on the way to Rockwell, but I did not feel hungry to think that I just got back jogging while my last meal was at 12:30PM. I find it interesting.

Actually, I still feel compelled and encouraged and driven to jog tonight. However, I know that I have to give my body ample rest so I’m taking a forced break tonight. My feet also hurt in an unusual way. It’s intermittent since a couple of days ago.

I’ve decided to resume jogging on Thursday because we have PT-meeting tomorrow night. Even right now, I’m already excited for Saturday’s morning trail-jogging. Looking forward to feeling the warmth of the sun on my skin and gazing upon the sky and trees in our village. I’ve always preferred outdoor jogging than going to the gym. I believe I won’t be encouraged to exercise in one regardless the number of good looking people around. Except perhaps if I get to exercise with Bruce and Clark and Diana at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment