Monday 5 April 2021

One Year into Pandemic

It's been a year and almost a month since the Philippine Government placed the country under quarantine. Some people call it "lockdown" but such surely does not apply. As of writing, the number of active cases in the Philippines is alarming given the new variants coming out especially as these new ones are said to be highly contagious. I really feel bad for our healthcare workers. If only some people bothered to look into the first frontliners' condition and assess (more like evaluate for this time) their condition's effect for those inside our borders.

Out of topic, but I think I see someone on top of a residential building a couple of blocks from here exercising. Good for him/her, could barely see. I really need a new specs.

Other people, I've heard/read, were having difficulty adjusting to this limited movements. As for someone who tends to avoid human interaction, yes I know my job requires me to do just that, I was definitely at ease. And having an IATF pass made it more convenient. Well, that was only until June of last year when came July and movements of people were eased significantly. But when it happened, I was really surprised how people acted as if they were locked away in a prison. I've also read post encouraging people not to feel bad if they were having mental issues. I may have not read a journal publication about it but I remember seeing article titles about it.

When we're suddenly denied of our usual activities, I guess it'll really come to a point when you'll be mentally bothered. Looking at it objectively, I can sense that there's something bothersome in my system. And it also reminds me of how Lim Jaebeom recalls his experience before getting clinically diagnosed. I also have a colleague who said that she even reckoned getting a therapy. Though she did not, I think she got something that gives the same result. Glad she found that.

It's been five months since my last post and it probably because I couldn't properly collect my thoughts. I still couldn't, properly, but I think I really need to let this out. I hope this continues. Hoping to write about the things I've done during the pandemic, which probably be mostly about cooking. That's an easy topic, that's why.

Now Playing: IU ft. Suga - eight

No comments:

Post a Comment