Wednesday 3 June 2020

Survivor Philippines GCQ Edition Day-3. Day 1 at Work

Came home exhausted and drowsy. I really needed a good nap but failed at that because a lot of thoughts have been swimming inside my head.

For a first day of duty, I haven't performed pretty well. I didn't feel quite at my best shape. But it wasn't totally awful, so far. As always, things are a matter of perspective.

The Five.
Woke up a minute earlier than my scheduled alarm. It's interesting how the body understands situations. When I checked our Terminal chat group, I found out that I'm among those posted at NAIA 2 today. Also found out that we have a flight with ETA at 4AM. Talk about rushing to Arrival Formalities.

Not complaining but it seems like a long time since I had to be at the counter at the first minute of shift. It feels a little weird. The flight arrived as scheduled but the passengers didn't disembark right away. Of course.

Kindness.
This virtue has been ringing in my head throughout today's shift and I felt that it's something I had to extend to every passenger that would pass through me. I believe everyone needs some kindness, especially from strangers. Good deeds like this really warm the heart. I myself feel surprised and of course grateful whenever I am on the receiving end.

Speaking of gratitude, I've been reminded today of a particular college professor, whose end story I recently shared with my dorm-mates, who had been really kind and considerate to me. I remembered him again today because I happened to receive some kindness and consideration, like how he treated me back in college. Thinking about it, am I always that pain in the bum?

Remembering this heart-warming experience makes me feel at ease despite the two particular bad decisions I've done. Of course I have to prepare myself should I suffer the consequence in the future. But then, it's true how failures teach us more than success does. My favourite golden nugget would definitely be knowing someone's character. I think seeing someone's sincere heart is always a steal.

Deliveries.
Three deliveries arrived today. The first two were parcels from my online orders while the last one was the potable water that I expected yesterday.

I've been making a lot of online purchases during these past months. Some were necessary, some were not. I hope these stuff that arrived today belong to the former category.

Now Playing: Yoshiki - Red Swan

No comments:

Post a Comment