Sunday 27 November 2016

Sunday Thoughts part-1

Things are taking awfully slow before they could set in, before I could set in. It's annoying and definitely unnecessary.

I wonder if it has something to do with the mandatory need to be totally alone after being with a number of people these past couple of days. They were not unwelcome but, as usual, I just feel the need for total solitude. Well, a dog's presence is not unwelcome.

Perhaps losing my supposed baon today also affected my mood. It sure did until I got to ride the shuttle where there was a trader of packed pancit-malabon, pancit bihon, palabok, and kutsinta. All but the latter, which costs P5 per piece, only cost P15 ($0.30) per pack. I bought a pack of pancit-malabon and pancit bihon. I also purchased two pieces of kutsinta. Having done so, I thought I had a bargain today. At the same time, it made me miss the old-school Filipino community where there used to be traders roaming the streets. Perhaps there still are some or few but the things of the past had a different feel. Maybe thinking about it now gives the different feel.

I have already tried the pancit-malabon. It lacks enough 'sahog' or toppings, which were no surprise, but it still has few slices of hard boiled egg. I was also given a piece of calamansi or Philippine lemon so it's still almost complete. By the way, my P15 as I thought quantity-wise has been sulit. It filled three quarters of a big bowl. Had I asked for more calamansi I might've been very satisfied. I'm not so satisfied only because I want more.

Hopefully, things will be fine after this.

Now Playing: Coldplay - Birds

No comments:

Post a Comment