Sunday 29 May 2016

Tachycardia, on a Sunday morning ♫♫

I got to jog this morning. Same lanes. I was hoping for some improvement, knowing that I was able to finish a 5-km run albeit with lots of walk. However, I wasn't satisfied with my 'performance' this morning. I was even quite concerned.

While jogging I was reminded of my childhood, when I would have to take a break from running because my abdominus oblique would sting. It's the reason I wasn't able to keep running/jogging past a kilometre or two last May 15.

In fairness to my body in relation to this morning's jog, it was during an ascend when my abdominus oblique began to hurt. However, I don't remember having such experience before. It was even pretty early. I just find it bothersome to the point of a little anxiety.

After taking a break slash walk along the Taktak Drive slash Clarice Starling Lane, I went back jogging but my finish was not good. I was on tachycardia, even a little dyspnea. I haven't had that before. Well, I don't have memories of such before this morning.

To recover from tachycardia and dyspnea, I had to do a lot of breathing exercises. But I usually do a lot after a jog.

Back in 2009, when I've been jogging even as early as before sunrise, the main reason I am jogging is for cardio-pulmonary resistance. I wanted to make sure that my myocardium and pair of air-bags have enough resistance. You never know what would happen. It was my first step of taking care of my body, besides my conscious effort of regularly choosing healthy intake.

If I would compare myself this morning and my younger self, the latter was better. Understandable if we consider age, but I don't take that as an excuse. As a matter of fact, I should've done better.

Perhaps this calls for another clinical visit. I may have done and passed the stress test before, with a result just less than that of an athlete's performance. I've even played Touch Rugby for a time. But I can't dwell on those. I know my myocardium and what it went through before.

Am definitely looking forward to a visit to a cardiologist. I'll also be visiting my neurologist. He's got a clinic at the Makati Medical Center. And yes, I'd tell him I've been eating nuts and ice cream a lot. Woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment