Saturday 21 November 2015

Riaru Kanzen Naru Kubinagaryu no Hi / Real

Real got to be one of the best movies I've watched, storyline or plot wise. I knew there was something quite off, but I just got carried away that I forgot to try figuring it out. There were a few ideas at the back of my mind while watching, but none hit bull's eye.


This 2013 movie casts Satoh Takeru (Tonbi, Rurouni Kenshin) and Ayase Haruka (Hotaru no Hikari) as Koichi and Atsumi, respectively. This film was based on the novel Riaru Kanzen Naru Kubinagaryu no Hi by Inui Rokuro.

The plot? Koichi and Atsumi have been friends since their childhood days and they eventually became lovers. About one year ago, Atsumi attempted to commit suicide and fell into a coma afterwards. Koichi, desperate to know why Atsumi attempted suicide, takes part in a new medical procedure that involves the central nervous system. Koichi will enter the subconscious mind of Atsumi through the medical procedure.

When Koichi enters the subconscious mind of Atsumi, shes asks Koichi to find a picture of a "plesiosaur" she drew as a child. The drawing is the key that brings back a suppressed childhood memory that brings their minds together.


Nanka! It was really interesting. As much as I want not to praise Satoh, well.. he was amazing as Koichi. Satoh had played characters that are likely to get stuck in your head. No one would forget him playing Himura, but I did not see Himura here. Not even Ogawasara Aki from The Liar and His Lover. As for Ayase, I've read a lot of praises about her but I couldn't conclude anything yet. I could say though that like Satoh, she did not bring Hotaru from Hotaru no Hikari. I haven't watched her other projects yet.


Updated. I usually post photos when posting especially if it's about movies, dramas, and books. However, I can't do that here because uploading photos in Blogspot seems to be not working. It's annoying and disappointing.


リアル is a sci-fi medical mystery film. I would recommend this to anyone, especially those with medical background or just interest in medical science.

No comments:

Post a Comment