Wednesday 25 November 2015

Zero no Shinjitsu (2014)


I just finished watching the 8-episode Japanese Drama Zero no Shinjitsu starring Takei Emi, Sasaki Kuranosuke, Maya Miki, Namase Katsuhisa, and Wada Masato. It's a medical drama, sort of, but more of a mystery drama. Except for Sasaki and Wada's characters, who are police, the rest are medical examiners.

Takei plays the lead character named Matsumoto Mao. Off topic: I can't help but remember Hana Yori Dango. An assistant at the laboratory named Hosaka describes Matsumoto as someone who is "not interested in people who are alive." Omoshiroi ne. A lot of people may not like this 2014 drama but I am not like most people.

I am more interested with the overall story. I also find each episode interesting, though not initially. If you've read negative comments about Zero no Shinjitsu, your outlook may be affected. Perhaps it's not for people who are looking for the initial kick or thrill. I prefer stories that build up, keeping me intrigued most of the time.

Zero no Shinjitsu is the second drama I've watched where Takei Emi was the lead character. However, I've also watched her in Hana Kimi but she was not a lead character there. It was a minor role that she played. Of course, I've already watched the Rurouni Kenshin trilogy where she played Kamiya Kaoru. Going back to the J-Drama led by Takei, I also liked her W no Higeki. I loved her there and I loved the drama. Like Zero no Shinjitsu, it was also a mystery drama. Very interesting.

Speaking of interesting, I have become interested in doing something because of this J-Drama. I first saw it done by Hua Ze Lei (Did I spell that right?) of Meteor Garden. I'm thinking of doing it too, but I'll have to strengthen my arms first.

Kore desu...

Now Playing: Ninomiya Kazunari - Niji


No comments:

Post a Comment