Wednesday 31 December 2014

The puzzle of 2014

If there's a word to describe my life in 2014, I'd say it's puzzle. According to Meriam-Webster, "puzzle" means:
1. a question or problem that requires thought, skill, or cleverness to be answered or solved;
2. something or someone that is difficult to understand

The things and events I've gone through were indeed difficult to understand. There were a lot of why's and how's, just a lot of question. Such would be the case IF you don't know me. Even if you do, you'll just get perplexed. I went through some perplexing moments because I bothered to think what others would think.

Then came the time when I went to my own "desert" which happened to be a cold place. For 119 days, I was in Baguio and things were becoming clearer as I looked at things through the eyes of faith. But what brought things in place was my realization of God's absolute decree concerning authority. I'm not going to dig into this, but it was a key. Perhaps the key.

Days spent in Baguio was like seeing why I am the way I am and what I shall be.

The puzzle is not yet complete, but it is good. Not knowing the details of your adventure is good. It was good for Frodo and Sam when they were entering the land of Mordor. And it shall be the same for us.

What keeps me on my feet and watching is the possibility of what I think I know. I remember how a lot of people have asked me what I really do, for I do a bit of this and that. Our construction manager even said of me once that I am our contractor's "project nurse, site coordinator, doc controller, and PIC." I would add "janitress and dishwasher" to that. The thing is, I got no complain as I have a view of a bigger picture of my life than what others see.

I am more than what meets the eye. And the same goes with everyone. #StoryOfMyLife Can we play that song? XD

In a few hours, 2014 will come to an end and 2015 shall begin rolling. It's going to be a huge year. A lot of things will happen. Those who have not prepared will be in for a huge surprise. I don't have the details, but if you connect the dots, add constant watching to that, you can tell that 2015 will be the beginning of a huge turning point for a lot of things and people, and even places.

The puzzle of 2014 is no longer a mystery to me. I just have to wait and see the verification of things while expecting for others to bear fruit in 2015.

For all the things that happened in 2014 and will happen in 2015, I place my hope in Christ that all things work together for those who love God. I just have to keep the faith. Press on, endure until the end, and come out victorious and overcomer.

Now Playing: Hillsong United - Desert Song

No comments:

Post a Comment