Sunday 9 June 2024

BGC Random

If I remember correctly, the last time I've been to BGC was last November 30th. It was for a business meeting, followed by another meeting with a business partner. The latter was impromptu. And it was at a time when I was having a GERD episode. I said yes to that late and sudden meet up because I was being a 姐姐 that time.

Fast forward six months later and I am back. I actually was after SM Aura's cinema sched. Turned out, the film I wanted to watch is a blockbuster. Tickets were sold out for the (last) two schedules. And I almost ran out of tix for tonight's last full show. Thankfully my online purchase went through.

A lot have changed in BGC, since it was still part of Fort Bonifacio. Ramos/Estrada Administration. I came to Manila exactly at the time of their turnover. Knowing what happened to Fort Bonifacio, what a legacy FVR left. I think it's one of the most outstanding (for lack of better word) feat people remember about him.

BGC today looks totally different. I wonder how those from older generations feel about it.

As for the weekend that I've been here, I've been trying to check on places where I could hangout during the wee hours. So far I know two. And both have outlets, which is really important esp if I have zoom calls. But I think Makati is still the preferred place to be for such especially if coming from work. Despite me being able to stay up past midnight, I still need to preserve my energy. And time.

Musice: Cocco - Raining

No comments:

Post a Comment