Tuesday 28 April 2020

Lotus

Having watched mostly Chinese dramas, movies, and anime recently, it is not unlikely that I get to see a common thing among them especially those associated with or inspired by Chinese mythology. I am particularly referring to lotus.
One can check online how it has been associated not only with Chinese folklore but also with ancient civilizations and religions given it's nature and character. It is indeed a pleasant water plant, full of symbolism.

The recent lotus that I have seen was in donghua  or Chinese Anime Mo Dao Zu Shi. What caught my attention though was when it was served as a soup. I didn't know that lotus is an edible flower. Out of curiosity, I of course want to taste a lotus dish. If it isn't for CoVID-2019, I might've already planned a trip in Southeast Asia for the sole purpose of seeing and eating lotus. I'm really curious how this flower is served as a dish in our regional neighbours.g


Now Playing: WENDY - What if Love

No comments:

Post a Comment