Wednesday 26 September 2018

Visita La Residencia de Aguinaldo


Albeit two decades of living here in Luzon, it was only recently - 19 September 2018. Wednesday - when I finally visited Kawit, Cavite. Still, better late than never.

At first I thought I wouldn't be able to make it because I left Makati around noon. The Aguinaldo Shrine is only open until 4PM. Thanks to Cavitex, going to the province of Gen. Emilio Aguinaldo is faster than going anywhere in Metro Manila.

It is not difficult to spot the residence of the First Republic's residence. Amidst the houses in Kawit, the Aguinaldo Shrine stands proud in white paint. I easily hopped out the bus and walked a little into the compound.

I love the architecture. Well, I always appreciate colonial architecture in the country. The guide inside the shrine mentioned that the residence didn't start as what it looks like today. The General made extensions on the right side of the house for his children. If I remember correctly, there were three additional rooms on the second level, for the daughters of the general. There's a room leading to the tower but it was off limits. Too bad. I would've loved to explore the place.

It rained some minutes before the shrine was to be closed for the day. Having no umbrella, I had to stay. It's interesting that I had to take shelter from a very old and historical house, one that has contributed a number of times for the country. God bless this house.

Because of the rain, I haven't explored the compound. I headed straight inside the residence when I came. Thinking about it, I have to go back. A friend of mine was also inviting.

Hanging out inside, I learned some interesting information about the country's first dictator and his house. I dare say Mr. Emilio Aguinaldo was one particular and meticulous person.

It was also relaxing to watch the rainfall from his residence, whether from the window beside his bedroom or through the windows at the receiving area and even when you do so at The Sinner's Balcony, which is overlooking a river not so obvious anymore. Too bad. I was told the river used to play important role in transportation and trade back in the old days.

I would've gone to the irasan but it was getting late and I had work the following day. I ended up not sleeping. I was too preoccupied with President Emilio Aguinaldo. Visiting his house was one thing, watching GOYO: Ang Batang Heneral  was another. That was double dose.




No comments:

Post a Comment