Monday 24 July 2017

Elizabeth Keen feels

This should have been posted on 27 March 2017, Monday.

***

I kind of got locked out last night and was too tired to wait any further. Going to Antipolo was not even an option, unless I go having self-declared holiday. So I decided to spend the night somewhere else. It was not the first time.

This reminds me of the time when Liz was on the run from Tom and Berlin. But she seemed comfortable minus the security threats.

The options available, as I was hoping I could find a really better place without breaking the bank, were very limited. I ended up opting for the Orange Apartelle. I spent P650 for a 12-hour rate.

I just needed a place to crash and of course take a shower. The latter was more important. I actually reckoned sleeping at T2 but the shower part would be a challenge.

I was glad to find two towels and a linen (it looked more like one than a blanket) in a plastic laundry shops usually used for freshly-washed clothes. Ligong-ligo na talaga ako. There was also a small bar soap but I've just bought a soap, thankfully, that I doubled as facial wash, which was fine. Unfortunately, they did not provide free shampoo and conditioner. I was already naked when I found out.

The bathroom was my disappointment. The room rate was supposed to be for a newly renovated room, as claimed. The toilet flush didn't work. Going the old-school way was not even easy. I had to fill the pail with around half of its capacity and empty it with some force. The faucet seemed clogged or something because it wasn't emptying water in a straight and full manner. It was spurting that I had to adjust the position of the pail. Meanwhile, the shower nozzle had a very limited range and was emptying water without giving one some satisfaction. 

Every bathroom entry got me thinking, if only I had enough to spare I would've gone to a hotel instead. Btw, their cable tv wasn't also working. There was probably some signal problems. Good thing I didn't care much about it as I just really needed to rest and sleep right away.

However, I am not sure if I am rested as my sleep was interrupted. I've been waking up every hour. Almost every time I did so, I thought it was already time to prepare. I even almost dressed for work the first time I woke up had I not seen the time. It was annoying because I was aiming for straight hours of sleep.

Now I wonder what was going on.



1 comment: