Thursday 1 June 2017

Out of PH again

I got to have my second overseas trip after almost 6 years, on my goddaughter's birthday. It's another five-day trip. I also realized recently that both destinations - Taiwan and Hong Kong, respectively - are Chinese autonomous territories. I wonder when I'd be able to visit mainland China. I'm so looking forward to that.

The days before our departure were quite stressful due to the travel clearance I had to secure. I only had a week left when I found out. Thank God all went well, but it was not that easy. I had my travel clearance the day before our departure.

Come the day of departure. I was so pleased to see my passport stamped again though it's a new one so technically it's the first stamp for the renewed passport. But I only got stamps from the Philippine Immigration as Hong Kong's does no such thing, both for arrival and departure. There will be no passport-evidence that I went to Hong Kong.

Our flight (PR 306) was delayed for an hour with another hour of delay in retrieving our luggage. I don't know what caused the former but the latter was due to some rains when we arrived in Hong Kong. So much for inconvenience.

While still up in the air within Philippine territories, I got to take a shot of Metro Manila. I can't really say it's an unpleasant shot as I know how congested the capital region is. I guess I just got curious on what could be done to make things better.


However, how willing are Filipinos to make things better? Such do not happen in days or months. Are Filipinos willing to pay the price? I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment