Sunday 1 November 2015

A night of health, gluttony, anxieties, and beer

I think the last time I saw Angie was back in post-grad college, during our NLE review days. That was 2008. It really was a long time no see thing. Well, being the book lovers that we are, we met again at SM Megamall's National Bookstore. Actually, it was because I came first and was hanging out at the bookstore. 

We then headed for dinner at Shangri-La Plaza's Sentosa, a South and Southeast Asian cuisine (but there was no Filipino dish there). It was... it was a gluttony dinner. What we had were Thai Grilled Lemongrass Chicken, Seafood Omelette with Sambal Sauce, Nasi Goreng Fried Rice, Chrysanthemum Tea (Angie, it was chrysanthemum!), and Bandung Rose Milk Tea. Yeah, there were only two of us. Per Angie, which I also agree, Sentosa was a good choice for us to dine. We needed a quiet place to talk about things.

And talk we did, about things, about people, about me, about her, about the food, about anything. It was refreshing, yes the Badung Rose Milk Tea and the second serving of Chrysanthemum Tea were, being in a different environment and situation. I told Angie what has been bothering me at work.

Knowing that the night bore tons of feels for both of us, Angie and I decided to have some beer at Brotzeit German Bier Bar & Restaurant. It was my first time at Brotzeit and I loved their Preiselbier (Dunkel Hefe-Weissbier with cranberry juice). I think I'd be visiting again, alone or with company.

No comments:

Post a Comment