Sunday 5 April 2015

The Moon

It's the season of the Blood Moon tetrad. Three had already occurred, with one just last April 4. It's not unknown that there's quite a hype about it. Don't ask the Jews, it always spells doom to them. However, I was quite "watchful" about this phenomenon since last year simply because they mark important events in history. And yes, particularly with the Jewish nation, be it the people or the State of Israel.

Anyway, this post shall not be about the blood moon but rather simply about the moon. Last April 1, I got fascinated when the moon at 3 o'clock in the morning looked like the sun. It was so orange-y. If it wasn't 3AM and if the sky wasn't dark then, I might actually mistook the moon as the sun. And yet it only stayed in the sky for about 30 minutes. I still wonder why.

I got to fascinated with it that I even made an impromptu poem.

What beauty it is that is set in the sky,
Yes, in the night sky.
Indeed it is the moon,
And yet it looks like the sun.


Stay! Part not!
Do not leave!
Let me see your beauty a little longer.
Deny me not I beg.

Where are you going?
Why are you setting?
The sun is not yet rising.
The dawn is still from afar.

Oh, what beauty!
Oh, what beauty!
The moon in its golden form
Such a rare glimpse in history of time.

Unfortunately, this was the only shot I could take. It's not even giving justice to what I've seen back then.


No comments:

Post a Comment