Wednesday 9 September 2015

Book List

I was supposed to write about something else but it was too bothersome that I decided otherwise. I remember a friend posting her birthday wish list which included something about The Little Prince. She loves it. Btw, Happy Birthday, Jap! =) I thought I'd write also a list, although not for my birthday as I only want to have a rest in peace on that day.


Listed below are the books I wish to have ASAP, in the sense that should I see them at the 36th MIBF on sale I would definitely grab them. Most of them are classics as I am much inclined with such as of recently. They are not listed in random order, except for the first 5 books.

1. Noli Me Tangere, Jose Rizal
2. El Filibusterismo, Jose Rizal
3. The Count of Monte Cristo, Alexandre Dumas
4. The Lord of the Rings, JRR Tolkien (even if just The Return of the King)
5. The Arabian Nights
6. Sense and Sensibility, Jane Austen
7. Persuasion, Jane Austen
8. Emma, Jane Austen
9. The Damascus Countdown, Joel C. Rosenberg
10. Absolute Surrender, Andrew Murray
11. The Bourne Identity, Robert Ludlum
12. The Bourne Supremacy, Robert Ludlum
13. The Bourne Ultimatum, Robert Ludlum
14. Abide in Christ, Andrew Murray
15. Animal Farm, George Orwell
16. To Kill A Mockingbird, Harper Lee
17. Lord of the Flies, William Golding
18. A Midsummer Night's Dream, William Shakespeare
19. Of Mice and Men, John Steinbeck
20. The Bell Jar, Sylvia Plath
21. The English Assassin, Daniel Sylvia
22. The Great Gatsby, F. Scott Fitzgerald
23. The Three Musketeers, Alexandre Dumas
24. Dracula, Bram Stoker
25. The Woman Who Had Two Navels, Nick Joaquin

There are more books not listed here. And there will be books I cannot list but will buy come the MIBF. So far, these are what I have on my list.

To my dear friends who wish to give me a present on my birthday next month or on Christmas, or perhaps for no apparent reason, any of the above mentioned books are more than welcome. Even those not listed, especially if a classic, will still be accepted with much delight. (*whispers* There are classics worth P99.00 only. They're only cheap in price but not in worth. I'd still love them.)

No comments:

Post a Comment