Tuesday 6 September 2016

Recovery Drive

For the past weeks, I've been frequently writing here even more than once a day. But as noticed, my last entry was on the first hours of September 1. Perhaps because I've been not feeling well during those days, especially over the weekend when I've been absent.

Once again, things have taken their toll on me. I've been absent for three days this past week and during those days, I was just in Antipolo. I had to use milieu therapy, though this is typically used for mentally unhealthy patients. I thought I could make use of the principle.

Being around nature is invigorating, but I must admit that despite those days spent outdoors though just in our hamlet I still need more exposure with nature. I need a dose of Vitamin-D from the morning sun and tons of oxygen from the trees up and down the hills of our hamlet.

Whenever I am in Antipolo, I would make sure that I get to have a morning jog. However, I had a sunset jog last Friday before going back to work. But I had an indoor exercise on Friday morning. Still, I have to admit, despite the doses of endorphins from my Friday exercise I know I still need more.

Had I made it out of work early this morning I could've gone to Antipolo so I could have another jog. But I left at almost lunch time because I had to finish a monthly report, thanks to my weekend absences.

Sometimes I wonder ♫ if this is a spell that I am under keeping me from seeing the real thing ♫ which I really need, the endorphins from outdoor exercise or simply an exposure to nature. Sometimes I just want to take a stroll but it usually turns into a jog as I am taking advantage of the opportunity.

Our hamlet is a pretty nice place. Well, it is a very nice place. Unfortunately I don't know our neighbours, not even one. Perhaps some have taken notice of me jogging every morning recently but I can't remember which ones have seen me jogging more than once. Well, I'm quite familiar with the old guards. They're nice people.

Perhaps I'll try mingling with a neighbour or two though I'm pretty sure I'll end up doing so with their dogs.

One of the advantages of jogging in our hamlet is having a beautiful view of the valleys and sky and trees. As last Friday's jog was a sunset one I also got to see a different yet still beautiful view of the sky.

This was taken just above our adjacent neighbour's roof, without filter.

I've been recently looking forward to returning to our hamlet in Antipolo, like always. One of the things I plan to do next is being able to jog again along Twiter Drive, which is a very steep and isolated drive in our hamlet. At the topmost of the road also live at least three dogs, which I think are dobermann. I still remember  in one of my jogs before when I reached the top of Twiter Drive with them awaiting almost blocking my path. I don't know what they're capable of but if it's dangerous, I'm glad to have made it past them safe and sound and whole. I wonder how it looks now.

Reviewing my Tumblr posts make me impatient on my next return to Antipolo. I would love to return tomorrow after my shift although we have a P-Team meeting at perhaps 6:30PM. Well, I'll just have to leave at 4PM.

I must make it happen, returning to Antipolo tomorrow. I really need some outdoor exposure. Just can't wait till my off-duty on Thursday. It feels like I'm going nuts if I can't see those lush greens again. Well, all I have to do is go BDO. Find ways.

Now Playing: Foy Vance - Guiding Light

No comments:

Post a Comment