Saturday 10 September 2016

Another Friday Morning Jog

It's that time of the week again when I return to Antipolo to spend my day off because it's where I could refresh, rejuvenate, relax, and recover best. Of course, I just go introverting.

As usual, jogging is a mandatory itinerary of my off-duty. You can't just not be tempted to run in our hamlet. 

Took a different starting point for my morning jog, for a change. So I ran for more than a kilometre. Aahh.. Endorphin!

There's a particular drive where running through it even for just one 'lap' is challenge enough. One can start either ascending or descending. 

By default, I went descending first. I think the 'stress' helped me warm up enough that I didn't have an abdominal oblique strained throughout my jog, which was the case the last time I had a jog.

I wonder if the image on the right looks like a flat surface. It’s nowhere close to that. It’s so steep I actually wanted to compute its slope. I still remember the formula (y=mx+b)! Too bad I don’t know the variables so I just jogged through it, for which you really have to #FindYourStrong. I specifically bought a pair of Saucony for roads like this.

I think I'm getting addicted to endorphin, which is not unusual. Had I gotten out of bed earlier I would've stayed longer outdoors, ran an extra half mile. My feet also had  to take things slowly. It seems to be in particular need to adjust with my change of routine.

My Friday morning jog was sort of liberating. As I was changing my usual route, I discovered that there's a drive where you could really feel and hear the whoosh of the wind. It's lovely.

The other thing I discovered, not scientifically discovered or I don't know, was a bug (left). It's the first time I saw such bug. The top image, a caterpillar, is a usual sight though. I usually see lots of it in our hamlet.

Now Playing: Backstreet Boys - Masquerade

No comments:

Post a Comment