Friday 12 August 2016

A Friday Jog

It's good to be back home, in Antipolo. Truth is I can't remember the last time I was here. It's been that long.


The calm Antipolo brings makes me rejuvenated and the opportunity to run through some drives in our hamlet is energizing. Jogging at the Legazpi Active Park is nice. The last time I did was even productive, like I've gone the extra mile. Not literally though. Going for a lap and a half straight of jog is an accomplishment for me. But jogging in Antipolo is different.

For an introvert, having the tracks all to myself is exciting. I get to jog without other people around, though I don't mind seeing a few but that rarely happens. Jogging in Antipolo, in our hamlet to be exact, allows me to unload my thoughts. Not to mention that exercise is a great way of getting rid of toxins in the body.

Exercise does not only do good to our physical health. It does the same to our mental health. And they go hand in hand. Both need to be kept at their best.

Although it usually takes me just 15 minutes to jog in our hamlet, I dare say I've covered enough. I just can't push further because my usual situation doesn't allow me to. But it's better than not doing anything.

I decided this morning to stay a bit longer outdoors just to appreciate nature, do a lot of breathing exercise, and have some of indoor exercises out there. I also took a photo of a white santan. I was planning to stay longer although the rain already started pouring then I realized that my shoes would also get wet. :(


No comments:

Post a Comment