Monday 14 July 2014

From the Capital to the Summer Capital

Would've posted this first if it wasn't for the World Cup. Geez.. speaking of which, there's no more game to watch out for. Spell #SepAnx.

Let's forget the 2014 World Cup for the mean time. So what's really going on with me?

I left Manila last July 9, Wednesday, for Baguio to follow my mother. It's a roller coaster with a lot of reasons and expectations and hopes. I was supposed to leave earlier but there's the World Cup semis. Would've traveled overnight (July 8/9) if it wasn't for the Brazil vs. Germany match. #AsianProblem

It was raining when I reached Pampanga. It was a beautiful sight, I'd say, as I love watching the rain. And it felt pretty sentimental as I was travelling alone. And there were beautiful sceneries. Cue: When I'm Gone. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to capture them all.

When I was already approaching the Summer Capital of the Philippines, I saw fogs covering some areas of the mountain ranges although it was still quite early.


The first time I roamed around the city by myself was yesterday. I'd say I've explored more than I did during my first couple of days with my mother. I've been to two universities by accident but I'd say I wasn't lost. Yes, because "Not all who wander are lost."

The thought just came to me when I was walking the street shown on the photo on the right. It had that feel, but it was also pretty exciting. It felt like I was on an adventure. On my own though.

What I first noticed in Baguio, which I haven't when we visited this city many years back, is its architecture. I love the uniqueness of Baguio architecture, if there is such a term anyway. The city reminds me of Europe, though I haven't been there yet, especially The Netherlands. The World Cup has nothing to do with it, but it really does remind me of Dutch houses and buildings. Each house has different paint colour and window. It's so amusing.

I find the city pretty. I'd love to explore more, but I'll be patient. There's a time for that and hopefully my phone would then have enough memory capacity to capture the scenes.

Now Playing: Hillsong United - You'll Come

No comments:

Post a Comment