Friday 18 July 2014

Israeli-Palestinian discussions

I find it amusing that a talk about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict would be set here in Baguio City. Not that it's impossible; it just seems like I've come to the right place at the right time. Hopefully. And I thank God that I have found that section in the newspaper about this talk or lecture.

There are two talks/lectures/discussion about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. The first was held this afternoon at the Maryknoll Ecological Sanctuary Auditorium with Prof. Adonis Elumbre as the guest speaker. The second set of discussion will be tomorrow, same place.

The discussion earlier was presented in a... I'd say "contemporary" setting. The religious "background" was not included, but I'd say it wasn't even enough to cover the complexity of the issue minus the religious factor. Well, there was no enough time for such an issue as huge and as escalating as the Middle East conflict.

It's insufficient to discuss the Israeli-Palestinian conflict without taking into consideration a lot, if not all, factors involved.

As for what's currently going on in Israel and Gaza right now, I grieve what the Palestinians are going through. I've been thinking about it last night. They're like a sheep without a shepherd.

May the good Lord, the God of Israel, send forth whom He has raised up to keep and bring peace in the land of His friend Abraham, for such a time as this.

No comments:

Post a Comment