Wednesday 9 July 2014

Dinner Date with Ate Kay

The 1-7 loss of Brazil to Germany at the 2014 World Cup semifinals still leaves me speechless. I can't write about it. Not yet. So I will look back on what happened last Monday night.

Ate Kay and I had a dinner date. I've been meaning to talk to her in person, but it only happened last Monday. Unfortunately. And I still wonder why my text and calls can't reach her. Anyway, I got no photos here of the night, not even of the food, but the memory is there. And it will last as long as I live, as long as my memory remains intact. [Read: No dementia or amnesia]

The dinner date was in Slice. I even got to see Pat Bocobo again. Sen. Pia Cayetano was also there when I arrived. Ate Kay chose the venue, because she knows that I "like it there." Her words. How sweet of her. I feel, and I am, blessed to have an Ate like her. We may not be related by blood, but the same Blood got us saved and adopted into the same family. Thank You, Lord!

I told her about my depression, which I also told Gyann the night before. And I thank God for Ate Kay because she showed me what it really looks like. It's not just an attack. Depression is also a sin. And I thank God because the line "My soul is restored, my mind is renewed" rings well following the dinner with Ate Kay.

Besides the confession, I also told Ate Kay that I'm leaving for Baguio. I feel sad and am really sorry that I only got to tell her about both last Monday. I also feel sad that I'd be leaving without proper goodbye to our PG and other friends at FJC. But I always feel like I won't be totally away. I'd be physically and geographically, but that's just it.

I'd be back. Yeah, "I shall return."

Now Playing: Anna Kendrick - When I'm Gone

No comments:

Post a Comment