Wednesday 21 September 2016

Fashion Realization


A lot of us have read that Steve Jobs and Mark Zuckerberg have been wearing the same thing like since forever. I've also read that President Barack Obama does the same, and that there are others who have the same lifestyle.

Reading the accounts made me reconsider my clothing style. For those three mentioned, it's to pave the decision-making they have to make each day. For Pres. Obama, that's a whole lot of decision, every minute.

So I thought perhaps I can learn more than a thing from these men. And it's true.

I realized that it is indeed so unnecessary to spend so much time thinking what to wear when you have a day ahead of you awaiting for bigger and more important decisions.

When I thought of sticking to literally one general look of style, I thought that seems unlikely for me. There are dress codes in different places and occasions, which are not bad, so perhaps I could stick to one colour only like what Johnny Cash was known for, "The Man in Black." But I like different colours, or shades rather.

Blue, Green, and Red are my favourite colours but I also tend to get attracted to the shade of old rose. And I've never liked pink. I guess one just can't be a racist even among the colours themselves.

While thinking about this matter, I remembered that I am woman. A female. Steve Jobs, Mark Zuckerberg, and Barack Obama are men. Male. So it means I have a different brain capacity. As a female, I am organically built to handle multiple things at the same time. I am not saying the male people are not able to do that. Of course they can, but not all of them are better equipped for such. 

Thinking further, it made me realize that it seems it really takes a big chuck of your mental energy to decide on clothing. I would like to keep that it mind. If we look at it, deciding what to wear comes pretty easy and naturally to women that they're taking it for granted. We take for granted that deciding what to wear, mixing and matching, is actually a skill.

For now I decided that I will still wear different things albeit not like a bold fashionista. I've been thinking recently how to go minimalist and more importantly, sustainable. Perhaps I should finalize it sooner while I still have the luxury of "time" to do so. Who knows, the day will come when I could hardly decide what to wear. At least, when or if that day comes I am already equipped.

I am so looking forward to the day when I've already made a system that works and is sustainable. I won't have to waste resources on time, money, and energy for that matter. But as for now, it's still a work in progress and it's a conscious one.

Now Playing: The Soul's Release - Catching Fireflies

No comments:

Post a Comment