Tuesday 20 September 2016

A Mind's Vision

I think it was last Tuesday or Wednesday when I thought I was still awake when in fact I was already asleep. I came to realize that I was in fact asleep when I tried to pull out my sleep mask but could not no matter how many times I tried. It was like the movie Inception. Even before that, I sensed that I could 'navigate' what was 'in front' of me as if my sleep mask was only a lace which still gives me a glimpse of what's in front.

This incident came to my remembrance as I read a BBC article about Tunnel Vision. The subject could not see the whole picture quite literally. She could see an object or image but would fail to identify the other items. That's what she's aware of consciously. I believe her unconscious mind has been aware of the other things all along. It's interesting though why her brain would withhold an information that is typically and readily available to other people.

Overall, the brain has always been an interesting organ. It's both complex and fascinating at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment