Saturday 6 August 2016

Blood Pressure

I was browsing my Tumblr posts, where recently most were from my IG account. Most were about food. Then I saw this photo of a banana. I don't like bananas. I only eat them for their health benefits.

So remembering why I intentionally had a banana during one of my previous shifts, I realized how my cardiovascular system has been greatly affected.

I'm not sure which of the following factors should be the primary culprit, but stress I dare say is always present affecting them:
  • new shift schedule (Is this still considered 'new' by the way?)
  • lack of sleep/alteration in sleep patters
  • work loads (but this has already become tolerable)
  • people
  • my type-A personality
  • my choleric tendencies
  • me being an INTJ
The banana shot was posted on August 3, the day after I had "palpable" increased blood pressure. I can't remember what triggered it but I do remember holding on to my nape because it was hurting. My head was also hurting before and simultaneously while I was having increased blood pressure. 

So I checked and reviewed by Twitter feeds and found this:

11:15 AM. It was posted that 'late' because I got home late. Now I remember better. On that day, the 'palpable' increased blood pressure began around 8AM and stayed until 11:15AM, even a little past that.

My shift is from 9PM-6AM, except on Friday's when I take on my shift partner's schedule which is from 11PM-8AM so there would be someone to bridge night shift to morning shift. Back in August 2, I stayed past 8AM until 10AM (or so) because first, my shift partner was absent and second, I was finishing a monthly report. Unfortunately, I had nothing for this monthly report but only a week's worth of information. Imagine the pressure. But of course I went BDO (read: find ways) so I was able to pull out the needed information. It's supposed to be just a collation of weekly reports. Ja.

Perhaps I should regularly include bananas in my diet. I'm going to need lots of potassium and the other cardio-friendly minerals like magnesium.

I'm also glad I've become fond of eating whole wheat multi-grain bread lately. I've been doing so a la EspaƱol. Plus sunny-side ups, which I've also become quite fond of lately unlike before when I'd prefer hard/soft boiled or scrambled. But as usual, I add McCormick Italian herbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment