Tuesday 5 July 2016

All I Want

I just wrote a blog entry but I knew from my deepest core that I want to and must write another one albeit unsure what about. Then I heard Susie Suh's All I Want. ♫♫

Flashback.

Right now, I am recalling what I saw earlier. Just before that, I thought of something fun that happened here in the office. At the moment, I am thinking of the song I am listening to as well as what I did earlier, which I just wrote about. Walk-through. I also read about something, which got me thinking, "What now?"

------

Today is the Philippine Air Force's 69th Anniversary. President Rodrigo Duterte was of course present and gave a speech, which was another that segued from the day's event. It was no surprise. What surprised everyone though, but perhaps with the exception of PNP Chief Ronald "Bato" Dela Rosa, was the name dropping of alleged PNP officials involved in drug trafficking.

Three of the mentioned names were already retired, with one of them serving as a mayor of a Cebu town, while two are still active but were said to be relieved from duty. How bold of Pres. Duterte!

Although the president and the PNP chief have the names and evidence, I still pray that the five PNP officials will be given due process of the law. And may they and their families be safe! For the love of justice, may no one come after them. But perhaps that was one of the reasons, among others, that Pres. Duterte named them publicly so as there would be no need for the vigilantes to come after them.

Now this got me thinking, what if they are really guilty and connected with high calibre drug lords? What if these drug lords would come after them fearing that these officials would surrender and name names? Heavens forbid that something wicked happen to them!

I still believe in the due process of law and I won't be satisfied with a 'justice' based on lies. That's no justice at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment