Tuesday 26 July 2016

ADL reconsidered

This post from Egypt Independent got me reckoning, yet again: Max amount of time you can sit before harming your heart: study

According to the article, "Although the number may sound high, the team believe it is probably easily achieved by most people. Office workers, for example, may sit down at work for seven to eight hours a day, sitting down for an hour at lunch, and then are very possibly sitting down again while commuting to and from work. And when many people arrive home they then sit again, to eat dinner or partake in activities such as browsing the internet or watching TV.

The team also found that those in the highest sedentary time category of 12.5 hours on average a day were 14 percent more likely to experience heart problems than those who sat for just 2.5 hours on average each day."

As an INTP/INTJ, I could go hours past my regular shift. I just did such recently, even going 16 hours straight in the office.

Despite having such personality, being a Type-A choleric-melancholic, I've gone to learn that I should think of my health too especially in the long run. And I must admit having discomforts that could be quite alarming if these become frequent.

I can't keep going and going so I've learned to force myself take a break every now and then. Yet this article I've just read is sort of a wake up call. Daily tolls bring harm to my body especially that I'm not getting any younger.

So what to do now? Patience. Things will be sorted out soon, having this and that placed here and there. Time management is too a key. Perhaps, I should really pursue my plans to visit some places in CALABARZON albeit shortly.

Note to self: Go back to Tagaytay ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment