Thursday 21 July 2016

A little break for the brain

Philippians 4:13. I am holding on to what Paul claimed. "I can do all  things through Christ who strengthens me."

I feel like collapsing right now. Tonight's shift is just too much. Said I feel like collapsing because I need a moment to be alone, to walk things through. Unfortunately, I am time-bounded. I have schedules to meet. Technically, most of the things I am working on now need to be submitted not later than 7AM. But I also have other deliverables that must be submitted not later than 9AM, because I can't function well past that.

And yet I have a "consultation" with someone at lunch. I can ask for another day, but the thing I am consulting with this person needs to be addressed ASAP. And I am an impatient person. Okay, very impatient. And I won't be seeing this person over the weekend. Good thing it's my off on Thursday. I'll just have to push myself a little more. I don't have work naman after eh.

Speaking of push, I push myself hard. And I am quite hard on myself. At least on my perspective but with other people's, I think they'd say I am very hard on myself. I am a melancholic-choleric person, also an INTP or INTJ. Explains everything.

So yeah, that's why I am stressed. Oh, I am alone right now so I am handling all the night shift's tasks plus two of my submissions for this shift: LV weekly report and liquidation of expenses for 3-4 travels. Gackt.

But why am I writing here? As I've said, I feel like collapsing. It's not just an 'emotional' feeling. It's a physical feeling. I'm unloading thoughts here to lighten the "burden" in my head, which has been physically feeling weird since dinner. 

Writing here is just a little diversion. I may be very hard on myself, but I also take breaks. I've learned to do so.

If ever I would collapse, it has to wait. Past lunch will do.

Right now, let me just sing this... ♫ You are my strength when I am weak

No comments:

Post a Comment