Tuesday 28 April 2015

Avengers: Age of Ultron

I've been meaning to watch Avengers: Age of Ultron as soon as it's supposed to be out in the cinemas. Unfortunately, I don't always have the luxury of time and I also got to tell a friend that I'd watch AOU with her so I had to wait. Came Sunday, last Sunday, but my friend couldn't make it. And that was it. I'd have to watch it alone, as usual. It was a Sundate afternoon with Steve Rogers at The Podium cinema 2. #EchoserangFrog

I'm loving the subtexts of this film. I'm loving Joss Whedon and I'd like to watch his other works. In a film, you want to know what happened to the plot. You want to know what's with the story. But it's in the up-close interactions of the characters, how they talk about something or someone, that make the big picture more fun and interesting. I love it.

Not sure which Avengers-related film had better subtexts, but I'm simply taking the ride and enjoying each. I noticed though that most of my favourite scenes involved Thor.


That party where Thor challenged the other Avengers to lift up his Mjolnir and Steve had it quite moving obviously showed the anxiety on the mighty Thor's face. For prior to it, he said that anyone who would be able to lift mjolnir could rule Asgard.

My other favourite scene, which involved Thor, would be the one when he was running out of what to say. The others come from Captain America. "Get the job done." It personally spoke to me because we were just talking about it, that line, last Saturday at Casa Peralta. I'd love to talk or write about it some other time.

One of the striking lines in the film, at least for me and those who have ears, would be Dr. Bruce Banner's tease. "Oooh... It's definitely the end times."

Btw, it was only in this film when I noticed that Clint Barton was left-handed. Perhaps because Jeremy Renner is left-handed. That just sealed him as my other favourite left-handed archer.

There were things I didn't like in Avengers: Age of Ultron but I won't talk about them. Overall, I'd take the movie as it is. I'd even watch it again given the opportunity and luxury. I won't mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment