Wednesday 27 August 2014

Left Behind (1995)

Oh my. It's been a month since my last entry. How troublesome. For all the troubles in the world, I'd rather talk about the books I've completed since coming here in Baguio. I've had four - Left Behind and The Lord of the Rings - but I will only talk about Left Behind since the trilogy is pretty long and deserves an entry of its own.

Left Behind is the first of the series of the same name having sixteen books in all by Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins. It was the first published but it has three pre-"Left Behind" books that were published later. Reminds me of The Silmarillion.

I've known about Left Behind even back in high school but I haven't read it yet. Perhaps it wasn't time to do so. "There's a time for everything," said the Wise King. I also think and believe that it did me good to have this read late as the story and intent of the authors were more piercing now knowing when in chronos we are.

Fiction it is but to those with open eyes and ears know what needs to be done. Yeah, prepare the way. Prepare the city. Prepare one's heart. And I'm not saying it's easy. It isn't. Harsh it may be, or it shall be.

Now Playing: The Grace of Undomiel

No comments:

Post a Comment